1.09.2007

Stuck between places

Last night was the first night since I have been back where I slept more hours than I was awake. It has been a bizzarre trip to function without sleep. I began to feel, and look, vaguely vampire-like (and not in a hot Drusilla from "Buffy" kind of way, but instead a Paul Reubens from the other "Buffy" kind of way), and I didn't like it much. But it was amazing how easily things snapped back to normal today. Apparently I even had color in my cheeks.

It has been strange to be back. I think a lot about the friends I have in Portland and struggle with being here without them. Life is short...perhaps too short to live without your people. But on the other hand, there are weekends in Florence with my mom (who is coming over on her own in March) and going to Luxembourg just to see the new modern art museum. I am between a golden rock and a diamond hard place.

2 comments:

LeeAnne said...

I'm so glad you finally slept!

LeeAnne said...

I'm so glad you finally slept Sissy!!! Hope last night is followed by many more of the same.