1.05.2007

Sleep! Please give me sleep!

Jet lag has kicked my butt this week. I have only slept three hours each night and spent countless hours staring at the ceiling and trying to picture happy places. I thought I had a foolproof plan for sleeping last night: go to bed at midnight, therefore fooling my body into sleeping later, and, if I wake up, smoke a little something and read a 35-page financial document.

I did both of these things with no luck. I have never stayed awake through a 35-page financial document before, and I wasn't so impressed when I finished it. Apparently the end of a financial document doesn't involve magic fairies or ponies. My economics professor lied! Bastard.

So I, in my crazed mental state, decided it was a great idea to take Nyquill at 4am. I put "Kinky Boots" in my computer and dozed for a while on the couch. After an hour or so, I decided it would be a good idea to go to bed. And I did. And then I woke up. At 10:45. Did I mention that I had a 10am meeting? Or that I am WAY too old to be sleeping through work? And I had to function while still in the Nyquill haze, which was just embarrassing. The bike ride in was interesting -- very fuzzy head and I am certain that my face was the picture of dazed and confused.

This weekend will be all about sleeping and restocking my larder. I don't like being awake at 4am -- the morning hours are the sad and lonely hours were I start to doubt myself and the choices I have made. But then I have a good moment at work, or see something cool on my bike ride in, and everything gets better.

No comments: