1.12.2007

Psych!

These are the things I bought to combat my week's worth of insomnia:
  • Valerian capsules
  • Sleepytime tea
  • Extra-strength herbal sleep pills with Valerian, Passionflower and Melatonin
  • Whisky
  • Ny-Quill
  • Sounds for Meditation, Relaxation and Sleep album from iTunes
  • Advil

Before you think, "That Katie sure believes in treating insomnia in a healthy, natural way," don't. You can not buy any sort of sleep aid over the counter. Not Tylenol PM, not even Ny-Quill (I had brought that back from the US). It is herbal or nothing here. So if you don't finish your prescriptions for muscle relaxants, pain killers or sleeping pills, please remember your friend Katie and save them for me.

The insomnia cured itself (though the soothing sounds of rain, waves and whales on the CD didn't hurt) and I am back on track. Only I'm not. Because it is 4:00am and I am STILL AT WORK! Sweet Jesus. It hurts my head. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: