8.13.2006

Phun with photos

I made a concerted effort last Sunday to take photos of the normal details of Amsterdam life, and to learn more about what my camera can do lens, shutter and colour-wise. So sit back and enjoy a little tour.

This is a boat moored on the canal next to my apartment. Though the blur makes it hard to see (I didn't say the camera affects were all GOOD), the red and white umbrella is freaking adorable. The red and white plastic bags you get when you buy produce at the markets are freaking adorable too.


The "I amsterdam" campaign is all over the city. This sign in on Museumplein, in front of the Rijks and VanGogh museums and is either loved or hated by people who live here because it is huge and in English and quite blatant. I like it.

And the following:
Giant chessboard by the Leidesplein.
Street scene.
Bridge detail.

I must give a shout out to Ms. Stacy Bolt, who included "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" on her most excellent farewell music compilation "Amsterdamn!" I did a chair dance and Diana Ross-worthy lip-synch while grinning like a mad woman and wiping away happy tears. Thanks lady.

No comments: