6.11.2006

My reactions to World Cup (ongoing)

- never have I seen so many people raptly watching a sporting event and wearing orange at the same time. Just when I thought nothing could top watching the Stanley Cup playoffs during a Pistons game at the Yipsilanti sports bar.

- that "Ole! OleOleOle!" soccer song isn't so charming at 2am especially when there is no game on.

- ooh! Look at all the sunburned aryans! (Sweden vs. T&T)

- wow. I didn't get the whole David Beckham thing until now. (England vs. Paraguay)


- those giant hats are completely Peep-bonnet inspired, but I think they are on the field as dramatic...topiaries. (opening ceremony)

- why do Germans dressed in folk costumes (dirndles and lederhosen) and marching in formation send chills down my spine? (opening ceremony)

No comments: