6.10.2006

Glad I didn't pack the mukluks

I was told that the Netherlands is a cold place -- that I would be lucky to see a 75 degree day at the height of summer. Perhaps the last two days of sunny, borderline hot weather is a fluke, but I am not complaining because it is hard to walk around crying when the sky is blue and girls are all wearing cute skirts.

And I tasted the most amazing chevre with lemon zest at the farmer's market this morning. Sublime. SubFREAKINGblime. The cheese booths were all crowded and I don't understand the shopping questions yet (May I help you? Is this all? Do you know how much this costs? etc.), so I just admired and drooled today. Which, when I think about it, might not be so great in a foreign country -- the drooling might be misinterpreted as a physical condition instead of a merely mental one.

Admiration and drooling: MTV in German! Lots of orange soccer ephemera! A cool breeze coming through my living room window! I managed to find a store that sold both a coffee press and a hairdryer!

More tomorrow. I am going to try and spend the entire day wandering around.

No comments: