6.10.2007

Homeward bound -- back the other way

I made it back to the Dam safe and sound. The flights were uneventful and I managed to sleep over the Atlantic. My apartment greeted me fondly, the monster plant in the backyard grew to about 8 feet tall and made Queen Anne's Lace-type blossoms while I was gone and I desperately need to unpack from New York before even trying to unpack from this one.

I am so very glad that I went to Portland last week. I was able to sit and listen to my sister describe what she has endured since the cancer diagnosis and I got to try and shave her head with a razor on Monday night. She is plugging along and doing great, though I can't imagine the discomfort that she has to live with all the time. I briefly saw my parents and spent a few nice hours with my brother's family as well -- all good.

Let me say that Xander Bolt Helfrey is about the cutest baby of all time. Stacy seems so happy and I am way confident that he will be the kid with the greatest onesies in the neighborhood.

I saw my friends from W+K and enjoyed the lovefest that is that office. Some of the funniest, most talented, nicest people in the world.

There was also tax paying, which was overdue and hanging over my head for a long time. Closing that door was brilliant.

And speaking of brilliance, my friends! My amazing friends! Such beauty there.

Beauty is here too, as I realized when I came back yesterday afternoon. Come visit!

No comments: