4.27.2007

Sister update

For those of you who have been checking in for a update about LeeAnne, apologies for the delay. To be honest, I don't understand enough of what is happening to be able to write about it with any semblance of authority. Perhaps the best place to get information is at her blog: http://theroadbump.blogspot.com/. She is funny and positive and a very good writer. I am amazingly proud of her.

I am not going to go back to Portland until the end of June because she doesn't want me there in the early stages of chemo. I had a few weeks of picturing myself as Clara Barton -- the great nurse/mother figure from American Red Cross fame -- I'd get to swoop in and offer the best care ever and we'd have poignant moments and cry a lot but it would be good. Alas, life is not a movie of the week. Even though I'm not a mother, I know I can be a good caregiver. I know I can. But you don't necessarily get to choose when other people want you around or need you. June will be good and I will still be able to help and I will also get to spend some time with my gloriously fabulous friends. Can't wait.

No comments: