11.09.2006

I wish I had a video camera in my eye

Because if I did, I would have filmed my bike ride home for you. It was late and I was feeling fairly happy after drinks and a movie and some more drinks and good conversations with friends. It rained hard tonight and the wind is whipping the leaves off the trees, but when I finally rode home, the moon was out and it had warmed up a little bit. Instead of riding my normal route, I took a bit of a detour and wound up cutting across the museumplein on the cobblestone path that is lit by NOTHING. And the museumplein is a big grassy field in between the Rijksmuseum and the Concertbauw and the VanGogh museum, so riding in the dark, with only the moon and the little LED light from HEMA for illumination, and the shadows of these immense buildings in the corners, was amazing. I said out loud (and may be tempting fate, in which case I urge the powers that be to recognize my overly-active enthusiasm streak and not mistake it for hubris), "Look at my life. How lucky am I?" Because it was beautiful and silent and for one second I was the only girl in the world.

On another note: check out my friend Amelia's blog. She is practicing for Project Runway 4 by having her friends issue fashion challenges on Friday, which she then completes (brilliantly) by Sunday night. She "makes it work" like no one I know. Seriously, you will never encounter someone with so much drive, passion, humor and strength. Do yourself a favor and get on board her crazy fashion train. You won't be sorry.

No comments: