6.13.2006

Tipsy shopping bag

Here's the story. I left work and came back to my apartment to trade my work bag for my shopping bag because I was determined to go to the grocery store this evening. I walked to the store that I visited on Sunday, only to find it closed for major restoration. I was one of many people who were surprised by this - seriously, in the span of a minute I saw at least 13 people approach the store and look confused. I decided to go to my closer, but smaller market, but not before I went on a walk along the canal. Imagine my surprise when I heard my name called after walking for a while. I turned and saw some lovely co-workers waving me over. Apparently they had tried to reach me after I left the office, but I had no way of knowing that. I just crossed their path. So here's a drink (or 10) to serendipity. And here's to white wine. And here's to grocery shopping after many glasses and good company.

Here is what I brought home with me (written as I unpack my shopping bag and taste everything):

Vanilla ice cream {nearly brought me to tears with happiness}
Fresh green beans {whatever}
Ardenner pate {pretty good. very mild. don't know what ardenner is, but I am a supporter}
Patak's Original (an authentic Indian recipe) Naan {crap! the preparation instructions are in Dutch, French, German and Italian -- I am screwed}
Butter {every recipe in the Silver Spoon cookbook calls for it}
Zaal Kaas cheese {mild. very milky. a comfort food cheese. don't know if I would bother with it again}
Two fresh peaches {whatever}
Danish Blue 50+ cheese {dying. soooooo good. on a tall cloud of flavour looking down on the world and singing a happy song of joy titled, "Cheese, how I love thee." If this cheese was a dark cave, I would overcome my fear of enclosed places and move in.}

No comments: