12.24.2008

Christmas

I overcooked the roast beef, but the sauce was delicious and the potatoes were mashed and plentiful, so it didn't really matter.

The weather in Portland is bad. Really bad. So a nice man at Orbitz managed to get my plane ticket changed and now I get to spend Christmas day in Amsterdam with Tom instead of in coach. I win!

Last year Rabito was in foster care in the south of the Netherlands, after what we can only imagine was a fairly horrid life in Spain. Tonight he opened presents from friends and has a stocking already filled from Santa. But we are the lucky ones.

There is no present under the tree that can match how much I love Tom, but he has done a fairly fantastic job of coming close, and we are just pausing for desert and champagne. Who knows what treasures are yet to be unwrapped?

I am so grateful. Just that. Grateful.

Thank you.
And happy birthday Jesus.

No comments: