11.25.2008

Thank you Easter Bunny!

It is Thanksgiving week, so in the spirit of my all time favorite holiday and the tradition that is never quite as moving as it is on television, I bring you:

THE 2008 WHAT I AM THANKFUL FOR LIST

1. A rekindled love affair with typography
2. Time away from work
3. Jumping into the abyss
4. ...,staat and everything that is superdeluxe and wow
5. The eye of the tiger
6. Jewish girls from Brooklyn who teach English to rock stars and wear yellow boots
7. Guitar Hero
8. John coming for a visit and making Tom so happy
9. 80's Trivial Pursuit in the Old Man Bar
10. The shisha collecting dust in the closet
11. Heart-to-heart talks on the roof terrace
12. Eagles of Death Metal
13. "Sound of Music" on Christmas night
14. Rome
15. Obama!
16. "This American Life" explaining the US financial crisis in terms I can understand
17. Everyone I love is still here
18. Nights of good sleep
19. The smell of Tom's hair when he wakes up in the morning
20. A Spanish dog named Rabito
21. Amsterdam Fashion Week
22. Nieces, nephews and the children I love
23. Snow in November, sunshine in May
24. Lowlands
25. Hearing someone call my name while I am riding down the street
26. Art, design, creativity, opportunity, laughter and lessons learned
27. Everyone who reads Travelcheese. Thank you.

28. And more than anything, I am thankful for the man who smiles when he sees me, rides the waves of my emotions and brings me peace.

No comments: