8.20.2008

Lowlands

Lowlands is a three day music festival that takes place about 2 hours outside Amsterdam each August. The acts are top-notch, but since it typically involves camping, I said no no no. But this year I was given a day guest pass because ...,staat designed a giant (and so cool) compound for Converse. Sunday I gathered my camera and Chucks and took the train down for a day of wandering and photography. It was a great, great time with a superb performance by Yeasayer and lots of enjoying the special treatment that the special "Guest" wristband gave me. More than once I found myself wondering how I got there and marveling at my continued good fortune.

The entrance to Lowlands. Deer! Guns! Good!

Fantastic swamp things drinking Veuve Clicquot in the guest area.

Sneaker pimping in the Converse compound.

Funny puppet. He traveled with his wife puppet and heckled the crowd in a posh English accent.

Cotton candy leads the way. Woo hoo!!

Universal truth: you have to love the guy in the chicken suit dancing to bluegrass music.

Public toilets that I didn't have to use because I was doing the "Guest Pass Gives Access to Nice Bathrooms" dance.

More fantastic numbers

Gup covered the walls between areas of the festival with daily photo uploads.

A Hunter S. Thompson sort riding along with a disco DJ parade.

Lead man from Yeasayer. Their set completely blew my mind.

The Guest/Press tent. Oh how sweet it is to have perks.

Me. With a very 70s shag and camera.

No comments: