2.03.2008

Rabito is great - and we are fine also.

We really didn't plan for the dog to match the carpet.

It has been three weeks since Rabito came home and I have been spending all my free time staring at him and cooing instead of updating the blog. I'd apologize, but if you could see how cute he is, you would understand. Honestly. Tom and I got so lucky with this dog! Here is a list of Rabito attributes:
1. he is perfectly housebroken and would rather sleep for another hour than go out early in the morning for relief.

This ball is crazy-making.

2. he is the calmest dog in the land except he is let off the leash to run free and then he is a craaaazy puppuh who flies back and forth, jumps three feet straight off the ground (all four paws straight up ) and has the most hysterical expression of manic glee on his face for about five minutes. And then he flops down at your feet and asks for a belly scratch.
3. he is beautifully behaved when I bring him to work. At one point last week there were four grownups on the floor vying for his attention.
4. he makes people smile when they see him coming.
5. he pounces on his toys. Which you can see in this video. Maybe I am just a proud parent, but CUTENESS!


I feel like I have a family of my own now and I love coming home to the greetings of both boy and dog. And now that the project that I have been working on is over, I actually get to come home at a decent hour. I even started cooking dinner again, and I am please to report that Tom has started gaining some weight after the skinny days post Christmas illness.

March will be good, with three weeks of vacation coming. I booked a trip to Egypt last week for my friend Allison and I to take when she comes over from Michigan. All sun, beach and relaxation -- all inclusive of food and the requisite cheesiness. Then Tom, Rabito and I are going to Paris to meet mom and dad before they leave on the Orient Express. Can not wait to see them! And the last week is yet to be decided. I'm hoping we can get to Rome - sans dog.

1 comment:

Barrington said...

I don't think you go far enough in stating Rabito's phenomenal appeal. I mean, seriously, he is straight out of central casting. So cute he makes baby panda bears look like evil gorgons in comparison...