1.04.2008

Marco + Pasquale


My lovely friends in Amsterdam, via Italy. On Christmas day I was lucky enough to be invited to their flat for Christmas lunch with Marco's sister, her two boys, a coworker of Pasquale's and Pasquale's parents -- their first trip outside of Italy and their first trip on an airplane! I could not think of a better place to spend the afternoon. Though I was the only non-Italian in the group, I felt so welcome. Pasquale's father kept telling jokes through the meal, which Marco graciously translated for me. I had to laugh well after everyone else in the room, but I did laugh. When I told him (and had translated), "I have to remember these jokes so I can tell my father." he raised his glass and said, "To Papas!" At which point I teared up. Of course!


These are photos from the Wieden+Kennedy Christmas party. Marco is the one in the glasses. In looking back on the year, I am very aware that I have been lucky enough to make some lifelong friends. That doesn't happen often and I am so grateful that these two fine, funny gentlemen came into my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That? Is one fabulous dress. Well played, lady.