3.25.2007

Pinkie Swear



Last night Demelza and I had a joint birthday celebration at her new flat. The theme was "Pink" and it was a great gathering of people both from work and outside of it. A highlight was the lighting of the "Intellectual Candle" -- a pink plastic lotus flower that came out of the box as a closed-up bud. I was given explicit instructions to use the provided incense stick to light the wick inside the flower. Each petal had a wax birthday candles on the end of it, so when the fuse light up, the candles did too and the flower slowly opened to the strains of digital "Happy Birthday." The photo above shows it in action. Also pictured is Elisa (behind the pink curtain), Nick, Dagmar and yours truly. The dress came from a thrift store in Haarlem that I thoroughly enjoyed and the champagne came from a generous party guest. I thoroughly enjoyed it too.

4 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Happy Early Birthday!

Did you know the Wisconsin Cheese Mart advertises on your blog?

Anonymous said...

Oh my God I can't stand it - so I have to wish you a Happy Birthday now for fear of letting it pass by in the midst of my crazy weekend! I'm travelling on Friday and then going to a party in L.A., so it would be likely.

So: H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y to THE most incredibly fabulously wickedly complex and interesting and thoroughly creatively instinctive lovely WOMAN that I know and LOVE!!!!!!

Elise said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish I got to go to your Pink Party, I would have even worn a pink outfit even though it makes my skin tone look like boiled bologna. (not good). For you, anything, see how that works? I hope you had some pink cheese. Luv ya!
ez

Buffy said...

These are fantastic photos!!!