10.21.2006

corner turning and other such things

Ever since LeeAnne left, I have felt much more comfortable here. I found a running route and have enjoyed the autumn from the paths in Vondelpark and surrounding areas, which has helped tremendously. They roll out Christmas out very early here and have strung lights up over the streets, as well as put out holiday chocolate (featuring Sinterklaas and Black Peter - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas) and decorations. There was a festival called "Rocket Cinema" where djs from all over the world were asked to score old movies and spin the music live at venues throughout the city. I went to the festival closing where the movie "Tampopo" was shown and a Japanese dinner was served simultaneously. It was a great event - perfectly executed and very cool. It seems that there is something very unique happening every weekend and all it takes is a bit of effort to get out. Dutch class is going well. I really like our teacher and leave class grinning like a fool every week. It makes a difference to learn a bit of the language, as it helps me feel like I am becoming part of things. I go to New York next week for four days, which will be great. Being back in the US, even for a bit, will be interesting.

And that is all. There isn't anything too dramatic to tell. I am knitting like a crazy person, as usual for this time of year. And my dinner tonight was fabulous: green pepper pate, great bread, fresh green beans and delicious wine. Love being in Europe!

No comments: